Effective date: 1 August 2015
Article 1. Applicability
Article 2. Who is responsible for the data collection?
- Personal data of Users are handled and protected by Photovisi with the greatest possible care. In so doing, Photovisi complies with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act and other privacy laws.
- The party responsible for the data collection is: Photovisi B.V. located in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Article 3. Data collection
- Photovisi collects among others:
- the user name, password, and email address with which the User registers for the Service;
- the profile information of the User which includes in any case names, date of birth, phone number, photos, pictures, files, texts and preferences;
- content provided by the User through the Service is stored or transmitted, including but not limited to photos and comments;
- communication between the User and Photovisi, including the content of email and phone calls directed to or coming from the email address registered with Photovisi;
- Information and data submitted by linked Social Media accounts (such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- The summarised information and data listed under paragraph 1 of this article are hereinafter jointly referred to as: the "Data".
Article 4. Statistical Data
Photovisi may use (external) analysis tools to collect visitors and traffic statistics and to understand the Use of the Service. These analysis tools collect Data that are sent by the device or Service. The results of such analysis tools are collected and used in conjunction with the Data collected from other Users, but these cannot be used to identify a specific User.
Article 5. Cookies and similar technologies
- When the User Uses the Service, then sessions or cookies may be stored on the user's device. Cookies are small pieces of information (files) that a website leaves on the device. The website instructs the web browser that allows the User to view websites (e.g. Internet Explorer) to store these cookies on the device. There are two types of cookies:
Sessions are temporary files that are removed from the device again as soon as the user closes the web browser.
- Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies are files that remain permanently on the User's device, also after closing the web browser.
Article 6. Use and transfer of collected data
- Photovisi uses this information solely for the proper operation of its website, the implementation and handling of the Service and agreement with the User, for (statistical) analysis, for its other services and internal operations and to inform Users of (new) products and services of Photovisi and of carefully selected third parties (partners).
- Data collected by Photovisi will not be disclosed to third parties or sold, unless and only to the extent necessary for the implementation of the Service.
- In deviation from paragraph 2 of this article, Photovisi is entitled, without being held liable to pay any compensation to the User, to pass on personal information on one or more users to third parties, when:
- Photovisi is held to do so under a legal arrangement or court order, for example within the framework of a criminal investigation;
- When misuse of the website by one of the Users is suspected.
Article 7. Storage of collected data
Protection of personal data collected and processed by Photovisi is protected by means of the latest security techniques. Photovisi shall exert its best efforts to reasonably ensure that the personal data of its users are stored safely. Photovisi however doesn't guarantee that the personal data of Users will not be accessed, stolen, stored, manipulated or (re)used by unauthorized persons. Photovisi also do not guarantee that the data and information from Users will not be lost (for example, as a result of a disaster or malfunction). Photovisi accepts no liability for damages suffered by the User resulting from loss, theft, manipulation and/or (re)use of the data and information collected and processed by Photovisi.
Article 8. Account settings
Photovisi considers the preferences of the User as far as possible with the service and information. The online system mostly allows the User to indicate this himself. This can for instance be done on the User's own profile page.
Article 9. Newsletter
The User gives Photovisi permission to send a regular newsletter and/or offer by mail to the User containing possible offers from Photovisi and carefully selected third parties. Data will not be made available to third parties for marketing purposes without the User's prior consent for this purpose. When the User has granted permission and no longer wants to receive offers and information from third parties, the User can unsubscribe at any time. Every newsletter and advertisement mail that the User receives of Photovisi or its partners contains a link to unsubscribe. By following this link, the User can opt-out of future e-mail messages.
Article 10. Complaints, changes and inspection
The User may at any time inspect the personal data and information that Photovisi has collected on the User. If the data and information is incorrect, the User can request Photovisi to amend this. The User can send such requests for access to or correction of data to Photovisi's contact form. The User can also send any questions on how Photovisi deals with data here.
Article 11. Links to other websites