Social media is so important these days. It’s much more than a basis for your social life. The true (and perhaps scary) fact is that many of the people you will meet in life will end up searching for you on social media. This includes old and new acquaintances, people you may have met through online dating prospective employers, others that you may be in professional relationships with and more.
That’s why it’s important to put your best foot forward when you are creating your profiles. But don’t stress! If you’re looking to create an impressive social media cover, Photovisi can help.
Exploring the Different Social Media Covers
There are a many different social media sites and, when it comes to creating a cover, no two are created equal. Each has its own set of sizes and specifications. Fortunately, Photovisi has a variety of templates available for each site so you don’t have to worry too much about that.
When creating a cover, you need to think about the image you want to portray and make sure you are conveying that in every element of your design.
If you are incorporating brand advertising in your cover, make sure you are showcasing your product or service as much as possible while keeping the design clean and simple. Use images and do your best to stay away from text. Also, make sure your image does not distract your visitors or appear too busy.
Keeping that in mind, here are some social media sites that you can create covers for using Photovisi:
- Facebook: The cover photo is located at the top of the page to the right of the profile pic.
- Twitter: The header photo is located at the top of the page behind the profile pic. Together with a page name and short description, this can almost serve as a digital business card. Take advantage of this by showcasing key messages that can help you gain new followers.
- ou Tube: The channel art is located at the top of the Youtube channel with the profile photo floating on top of it.
- Google Plus: The cover photo is located at the top of the Google Plus profile.
- Linked In: The cover photo is located at the top of the page. It should feature your industry or occupation. Collages (a Photovisi specialty) can be effective in this capacity.
Creating a Social Media Cover on Photovisi
Creating a social media cover on Photovisi is simple. Just follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Photovisi web site. If you scroll about half way down on the home page, you will se a list of all the sites you can create a cover photo for. Click on the one you need a cover for.
- No matter which you choose, the process from here on will be pretty similar. You will be taken to a page with a variety of template designs which can give you great ideas for your creation. Click on one of these templates to get to the page where you can create your design.
- The page where you create your design will be a blank slate. Users have the freedom to add any background image or color they would like, photos and images and text.
- Once you are happy with your design, you can download it to your desktop, post it on Twitter or Facebook or email it to your friends or to yourself. (Note, the image will not automatically upload as the cover for your social media sites. This must be done manually).
In this day and age, your social media site really represents who you are, so it is important that you take the time to create something that will show you at your best. Think about how you want to be perceived in the public eye and do your best to create something that will show you to your best advantage. Then, get to work! Good luck making your social media page all you want it to be!